Emergencies Act: Convoy in ‘full swing’ by invocation, feds say
OTTAWA –
The “Freedom Convoy” movement was still in “full swing” the day the Liberal government invoked the Emergencies Act early last year, justifying the extraordinary measures, a federal lawyer said Wednesday during a judicial review of the government’s historic decision.
The notion of the protests and blockades across Canada were being brought under control by that point is “little short of revisionist history, or at the very least an interpretation of the state of affairs that benefits from insight bias,” government lawyer John Provart told the Federal court.
“The situation was dynamic, continuously unfolding in the days leading up…Continue Reading
